|Liberon Pure Tung Oil, with no dryers added, is a natural non-toxic finish which can be used on wood toys and objects in contact with food such as wooden salad bowls, butcher block, and cutting board surfaces. It is highly resistant to water, alcohol, and food acids.
Liberon Pure Tung Oil provides a hard wearing, weather resistant finish ideal for surfaces such as kitchen worktops, wood utensils, tables, and all high quality interior woodwork. Also known as Chinese Wood Oil it is a penetrating oil finish, which will allow the wood to age gracefully and develop a natural patina.How to Apply Liberon Pure Tung Oil
Please refer to product label for complete product information.
- Ensure that the surfaces to be treated are clean and dry. Any previous finish must be thoroughly removed before using Tung Oil.
- For ease of application dilute the first few coats with White Spirit (up to 50%). Rub well into the wood. After about 15 minutes wipe off the excess with a clean cloth. Failure to do so will prevent penetration of future coats and leave a sticky surface.
- Repeat step 2 as required leaving up to 4 days between coats to allow thorough drying.
- Apply a last coat of undiluted Tung Oil, again wiping off any excess. For best results allow this last coat to harden for a few days before use.
- Tung Oil applied as above will give a matt finish. For indoor finishes a coat of Black Bison Wax can be applied on top to give a satin sheen.